As CREST, we are unable to provide funding to businesses in the region. However, our team are experienced in writing funding applications to a variety of different providers. The list below is a summary of some of the current funding opportunities available. Click on the links or get in touch if you would like more information.
Current Funding Opportunities
- ESA Business Applications’ Direct Negotiation – Successful applicants receive zero-equity funding (from €60k to €2M+ per activity), a personalised ESA consultant, technical & commercial guidance, access to our network of partners and credibility of the ESA brand. Open all year.
- ESA Open Competitions – ESA offers funding and support to businesses from any sector who intend to use space (satellite navigation, earth observation, satellite telecommunication, space weather, space technologies) to develop new commercial services.
- Predictive Maintenance Kick-Start – Organisations are under pressure to optimise operations and reduce costs for asset maintenance. Predictive maintenance techniques determine the condition of in-service equipment to predict when maintenance should be performed, thereby minimising disruption of normal system operations. Closes 31st January 2020.
- Environmental Crimes – Environmental crimes are illegal acts that directly harm the environment. They can cause considerable damage to ecosystems, increasing the risk of disease, environmental disaster, food chain contamination, pollution, wildlife degradation, reduced life expectancy, and increased rates of human morbidity. Closes 28th February 2020.
- Eureka Eurostars 2: round 13 – This competition is aimed at micro, small or medium sized enterprises (SMEs) working on high-quality research and development (R&D) projects across national borders. Eurostars will award up to 360,000 euros funding for each UK project partner or 60% of eligible project costs, whichever is the least. Closes 13th February 2020.
- Geovation Accelerator – Grant funding to help you build your product up to MVP stage and provide 12 months dedicated space – as well as providing a wide range of other support services to help you succeed. If you want to create a product or business using location or property data apply to one of their Accelerators now. They have helped launch and grow startups, solving real-world challenges in areas such as connectivity, mobility, infrastructure, land and property and the circular economy. Closes 24th February 2020.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (not funding) – The scheme helps businesses in the UK to innovate and grow. It does this by linking them with an academic or research organisation and a graduate. Closes 4th March 2020.
- Innovate UK Smart Grants: January 2020 – Opportunity to apply for a share of up to £25 million to deliver ambitious or disruptive R&D innovations that can make a significant impact on the UK economy. Closes 22nd April 2020.
- Marches Growth Hub – A regularly updated summary of finance and funding available to SMEs and start ups in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin (plus further afield).
Current Funding Opportunities – Charities
- Severn Trent Community Fund -Giving away £10 million over the next five years to support local projects, charities and community groups in the Severn Trent region – helping to make a real and tangible difference in our communities.
- Future Leaders Fellowships will grow the strong supply of talented individuals needed to ensure a vibrant environment for research and innovation in the UK. The scheme is open to researchers and innovators from across business, universities, and other organisations. Round 5 will open in June 2020.