This event is kindly sponsored by GeoSmart Information.
This evening event hosted by Shrewsbury Geospatial Forum will include technical talks from experts on the environment and health. It is also an opportunity to network with others working in geospatial related fields.
- Keynote: Dan Wrench, Shropshire Council – Health and Greenspace: What has your greenspace ever done for you?
- From the context of an ageing population, an obesity epidemic and massive rates of new house building, this talk explores the wide range of benefits provided by publicly accessible greenspaces and recent attempts to quantify these benefits.
- EC1: Jon Haycox, GeoSmart – Flood Risk Mapping and Forecasting
- EC2: Emmanuel Pajot, EARSC – PARSEC Accelerator
- Supporting the creation of new Earth Observation (EO) based products and services through the distribution of €2.5 Million equity-free funding to 100 beneficiaries
To register for the event, please click here
The Shrewsbury Geospatial Forum is an informal professional business networking group aimed at shaping education programmes, with links to the Centre for Research into Environmental Science and Technology at University Centre Shrewsbury (CREST@UCS).
CREST@UCS is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).