This event is kindly sponsored by Severn Rivers Trust.
This evening event hosted by Shrewsbury Water Forum will include technical talks from hydrogeologists on natural flood management. It is also an opportunity to network with others working in groundwater and surface water related fields. Topics covered include:
- Anne Wheeler (Severn Rivers Trust) – Severn Rivers Trust and Natural Flood Management: Shropshire Initiatives
- George Whitworth, Catchment Analyst – Fluvial Flooding: An Engineer’s Approach
- An introduction to RAS-Flood and how it is a useful tool towards solving the problem
- Luke Neal (Shropshire Wildlife Trust) – Shropshire Slow the Flow, Natural Flood Management in the Corve Dale
- A case study looking at how Shropshire Wildlife Trust works with other stakeholders to use natural methods to ‘slow the flow’ in a number of catchments, and reduce flood risk to communities downstream.
This event is now fully booked but to register for the waiting list, please click here
The Shrewsbury Water Forum is an informal professional business networking group aimed at promoting the water science sector, with links to the Centre for Research into Environmental Science and Technology at University Centre Shrewsbury (CREST@UCS).
CREST@UCS is part funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).