As CREST, we are unable to provide funding to businesses in the region. However, our team are experienced in writing funding applications to a variety of different providers. The list below is a summary of some of the current funding opportunities available. Click on the links or get in touch if you would like more information.
The Shropshire Voluntary and Community Sector Assembly regularly publish funding updates, focusing specifically on small pots of funding.
The Marches LEP Government Funding Tracker is an interactive service to help keep the region informed of latest Government funding announcements.
It brings together details of funding announcements from across the whole of the UK Government in a simple-to-use new service and will help both businesses and stakeholders keep right up to date about important opportunities for the region.
- UK registered businesses and organisations can apply for a share of up to £2.5 million for early-stage and mid-stage projects in smart and sustainable plastic packaging. This is via SSPP Future Plastic Packaging Solutions Round 2. Closes 9th November 2022.
- The Social Housing Decarbonisation Fund – Wave 2 will upgrade a significant amount of social housing stock currently below EPC C up to that standard. Local authorities, combined authorities and registered providers of social housing can apply. Closes 18th November 2022.
- Round 12 of the Heat Networks Delivery Unit is now open. Local authorities, Registered Social Landlords, property developers, universities, NHS Trusts and other government departments can apply for the funding of techno-economic feasibility studies and detailed project development support. Closes 30th December 2022.
- The Boiler Upgrade Scheme is available to owners of small commercial properties, who could be eligible for grants to install low carbon heating systems. Grants of £5,000 towards the cost of air source heat pumps and biomass boilers are available, while grants of £6,000 are available to help with the cost of ground source heat pumps. Installers will apply for the grant on your behalf. Closes 2025.
- The Public Sector Decarbonisation Scheme provides grants for public sector bodies to fund heat decarbonisation and energy efficiency measures. Phase 3b will allocate up to £635m to be spent in financial years 2023/24 and 2024/25. The fund will open in October 2022, and will close when sufficient applications are submitted to meet the budget available. Ongoing.
- HSBC UK has announced the launch of a £500 million Green SME Fund as part of its commitment to support businesses of all sizes to transition and thrive in a low carbon economy. Ongoing.
- The Severn Trent Community Fund is open to support community groups making a difference and helping with the Covid-19 recovery. Ongoing.
- The Rural Community Energy Fund – a £10 million programme which supports rural communities in England to develop renewable energy projects. Ongoing.
- Eco Fund from DPD – all applications needing to be of a green, ecological or sustainability nature, with the project benefiting the environment. Anyone can apply but they encourage community groups, educational facilities and start-up companies. Ongoing.
Current Funding Opportunities – Charities / NFP
- Severn Trent Community Fund -Giving away £10 million over the next five years to support local projects, charities and community groups in the Severn Trent region – helping to make a real and tangible difference in our communities. Closes 2025.