CREST has teamed up with LOCOP from Worcestershire County Council to increase the support available for businesses that want to develop low carbon technologies.
The Low Carbon Opportunities Programme (LOCOP), managed by Worcestershire County Council in partnership with Shropshire Council and CREST, and funded by the European Regional Development Programme, can offer up to £50,000 for innovation of low carbon products and services
The Low Carbon Opportunities Programme is working to provide REVENUE and CAPITAL support to help small and medium size enterprises (SMEs) in Shropshire (unlike normal CREST support, this funding does not cover Telford & Wrekin).
SMEs can apply for grants for up to 40% of the costs of eligible capital or revenue projects. Grants of up to £50,000 will be considered, with a minimum grant of £2,000. This short video summarises the offer and gives some case study examples.
- Be situated in and trading from Shropshire
- Employ fewer than 250 employees
- Have a turnover of less than the equivalent of 50 million Euros per annum or a balance sheet of less than 43 million Euros
- Be within the low carbon innovation sector
Some industries, such as primary agriculture and certain retail, are not eligible. Other activities excluded are social welfare and education facilities, banking and insurance.
Potential low carbon innovation project examples could include:
- Low carbon product, process or service development
- Commercialisation or implementation costs
- Market research and assessment
- IPR protection
- Prototyping, demonstration or testing of new products
- Manufacturing scale up or market roll-out
Other programme benefits:
- Opportunities to take part in programme organised events and forums
- Engagement with other similar types of organisations and further collaboration with both business and academic institutions
For more information about the programme, please contact the Low Carbon Opportunities Programme Team on 01905 843902 or 01905 845398, or email firstname.lastname@example.org